- Seated or standing upright (picture at left), with shoulders back in good posture, gently retract chin as shown (middle picture), as if you’re pushing your chin straight back while nodding your head slightly.
- Stretch may be felt at the base of the skull and/or the base of the neck.
- Hold for a count of five and then relax and return to start position.
- Repeat ______ times, ______ times per day.
- This is also a good exercise to perform periodically if you are working on a computer for a prolonged duration.
- Tweak #1: (Picture at right) While maintaining a tucked chin, bend neck slowly and gently backwards as if to look up.
- Go as far as you can without pain.
- Allow mouth to open if you feel a stretch at your anterior neck.
- Hold 5 seconds. Repeat ______ times, ______ times per day.
Median Nerve Glide
- Hold RIGHT/LEFT arm out to your side with your elbow bent, palm facing up.
- Slowly straighten your elbow, keeping your wrist extended, and tilt your head towards the RIGHT/LEFT side.
- You should feel a stretch/pull at the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and/or fingers.
- “Pulse” hand back and forth by flexing elbow.
- Alternately, you may keep elbow at side and pulse hand toward back hip pocket.
Ulnar Nerve Glide
- Stand with RIGHT/LEFT arm raised to the side with your palm facing away from you.
- Bend elbow and bring your palm towards the side of your face.
- Use your RIGHT/LEFT hand to gently push your fingers (including your little finger) down towards your shoulder.
- Pulse lightly in this position for _____ seconds.
Phone: Todd: (919) 612-1673 Jen: (919) 612-3842
Email: Todd- Erbstorthosport@gmail.com
Address: 2533 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27604
* located within PRIME Personal Training and Performance Center